Dr Peggy Li is an anaesthetist specialising in paediatric and orthopaedic anaesthesia and pain management, especially ultrasound-guided regional anaesthesia and vascular access, and pain management for both children and adults.
Her main interests in pain medicine include application of ultrasound in pain intervention; acute pain; and multi-disciplinary chronic pain management for children and adults; and cancer pain.
After Dr Li graduated from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, she did most of her anaesthesia training at Prince of Wales Hospital, the teaching hospital of the Chinese University of Hong Kong. In the year of 2008, she was appointed as the associate consultant of the Department of Anaesthesia & Intensive Care unit. In 2014, she decided to leave the public sector and joined Asia Medical Specialists as the dedicated pain medicine specialist and anaesthesiologist.
Since 2008, Dr Li has devoted her efforts to teaching of ultrasound guided regional anaesthesia and pain procedures in various Hong Kong and overseas conferences. She helped to organise and conduct workshops; she was invited for the American Society of Regional Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine in 2010; New York School of Regional Anaesthesia in 2010 and 2012; and Networking World Anaesthesia Convention 2011-2013. In 2008, she was also appointed as the Clinical Assistant Professor (Honorary) of the Department of Anaesthesia, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Chan SK, Chui PT, Lee A, Lai PB, Li TY, Gin T. Surgeons’ attitude and perception of an acute pain service. Hong Kong Med J. 2008 Oct; 14(5):340-1
- Ho AMH, LI PTY, Karmakar MK. Risk of hematoma after epidural anaesthesia and analgesia for cardiac surgery. Anesth Analg. 2006 Nov; 103(5): 1327
- Derrick JL, Li PTY, Tang SP, Gomersall CD. Protecting staff against airborne viral particles – the in vivo efficiency of the laser mask. Journal of Hospital Infection 2006;64(3):278-81.
- Li TY, Ho AMH. Conscious neuraxial anesthesia is a viable alternative to general anesthesia in cardiac surgery: Con. Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Newsletter. 2005 Oct; Vol. 4, No. 5
- Trainee Presentation in Annual Scientific Meeting in Anaesthesiology 2004, HKCA & SAHK, Hong Kong