Dr HT Chow is an orthopaedic surgeon specialising in spine surgery.
Dr HT Chow is an expert in both non-surgical and surgical treatment of neck and back pain problems. He adopts diagnostic injections to identify the source of any pain and performs the latest surgical techniques, including: biacuplasty, minimally invasive decompressive surgery, cervical and lumbar artificial disc replacement, minimal invasive anterior lumbar spine fusions, spinal dynamic stabilisation and spinal osteotomy for deformity correction.
After completing his schooling in the University of Hong Kong, Dr HT Chow began his practice in Tai Po Hospital. He further focused his clinical work in Spine Surgery at the North District Hospital from 2005 - 2010, before leaving the public sector to join AMS a dedicated spine surgeon. He also extended his practise beyond Hong Kong as a visiting consultant in Beijing, Shanghai, and Macau.
Dr Chow is very active in teaching and research. He has been a trainer for the Hong Kong College of Orthopaedic Surgeons since 2007. Dr Chow also conducts clinical research and studies in the field of spine surgery, looking into new technology or procedures that will bring benefits to his patients. In recognition of his dedication to spine surgery, he has been invited to share his experience on minimal invasive surgery at local and regional medical meetings around South East Asia and even in the USA. Dr Chow is also very active within the orthopaedic and spine surgery community; currently he is a council member of the Hong Kong Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery Society and was a council member of Spine Chapter, Hong Kong Orthopaedic Association (2014).
- "Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion and Cortical Screw Fixation" Medtronic, Visiting Surgeon Program, Dayton, USA
- Speaker and Table Instructor, "Latest technology of Anterior Spinal Fusion, MISS Society, Hong Kong"
- "Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery", Visiting Surgeon Program, Wooridul Spine Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
- Invited Speaker, "Minimal Invasive Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion", Minimal Invasive Spinal Fusion Course, Depuy Synthes, Ching Mai, Thailand
- Invited Speaker, "Minimal Invasive Cervical Spine Surgery" & "Dynamic Stabilisation of Lumbar Spine", Minimal Invasive Spine Society Annual Meeting, Taiwan
- Invited Speaker, Weight bearing MRI - Experience in Spine Surgery, 3rd Radiology Annual Meeting, Luoyang, China
- Invited Speaker, Xeed Meeting in Spine surgery, Taipei, Taiwan
- Faculty, AO Spine Seminar on Management of Degenerative Spine Problems
- Invited Speaker, Xeed Meeting in Spine surgery, Beijing, China